On this page you’ll find
What are the jackpot slots?
The main difference between regular online slots and jackpot slots is that standard slots usually have a fixed maximum payout. By contrast, jackpot slots have a variety of different top prizes, and you can land a seven-figure win just from a single spin.
What is a jackpot anyway?
A jackpot is a large prize that’s awarded when playing a game. It can refer to a few different types of jackpots which we’ll get to in a bit. During this guide, we’ll use the term jackpot to refer to any type of big cash prize. We’ll use jackpot slots to refer to any type of online slots which offer jackpots.
Getting started with jackpot slots
Becoming an instant millionaire sounds like a dream come true, but there’s a lot to get to grips with before you start spinning away at the jackpot slots. At SlotsBang.com, we consider ourselves experts in all areas of online casinos and casino games. We help players like you get started gambling online and want to make sure your experience is as fun and profitable as possible.
We’ve put our experience in jackpot slots together to create this guide for you. Here you’ll find all the details on what kind of jackpots you can expect to find, how to play and how to maximize your chances of winning that top prize.
Types of jackpot slots
Before we get into the more complex stuff, let’s take a look at some of the types of jackpot slots you’re likely to find online:
You may have already seen progressive jackpot slots mentioned elsewhere on our site. These types of jackpots are highly popular and feature in some of the biggest and most exciting slot games. They also sometimes hit the headlines for reaching some truly astronomical figures.
Progressive jackpots are unique in that each time a player makes a bet at the game, the total prize pool increases. This means that popular games can have a rapidly increasing jackpot which soon reaches the millions in some cases.
A good example of a progressive jackpot is the game Mega Moolah. In this slot, each time a player takes a bet and spins, some of their stake is added to the prize pool. Mega Moolah holds the world record for the biggest ever win, paying out more than $18 million to one lucky player. It has an average payout of around $3 million.
The drawback to these massive prizes is that they’re extremely rare to land. Mega Moolah, for example, pays out its top jackpot on average once every nine weeks. With hundreds of thousands of players spinning the reels at that time, your chance of getting lucky is pretty small.
Online slots that offer local jackpots have a prize pool that’s only made up of bets from players at one specific casino. This is the opposite of the network or pooled jackpot games which we’ll discuss in a bit. Because there are fewer players contributing to the prize pot, these types of jackpots tend to be smaller.
Examples of a local jackpot slot include games like Tiki Wonders and Gold Rush, both from NetEnt. These games are hosted at lots of different online casinos around the world, but each casino has a single jackpot which can only be won by players on that site. These games both feature some pretty impressive jackpots, and because they’re local jackpots, there are usually better odds of winning the top prize.
Network or pooled jackpots
Network jackpots, sometimes also known as pooled jackpots, are the biggest of the lot. These jackpots are built up across multiple casinos that host the same game. This means that players from online casinos all around the world could be all playing the same game and adding to the jackpot.
Hall of Gods is a great example of an online slot with a pooled jackpot. In fact, the game actually offers players the chance to win three different jackpots. These jackpots are all different sizes, with a small, medium, and large on offer. Players have a chance to win any of these prizes while playing the game at any online casino.
Finally, there are fixed jackpots. These are prizes that don’t increase over time, and the set amount can be won at any point. Sometimes also known as cash pot jackpots, you’ll usually be able to see the total amount available to win at the top of the slot.
These fixed jackpots are often dependant on your stake, meaning you have a higher chance of winning a bigger prize if you bet more. Depending on the developer, some games may offer both progressive and fixed jackpots. Check out Mustang Gold from developer Pragmatic Play for a good example of a fixed jackpot game. This slot has four different jackpots on offer, which are your stake multiplied by 50x, 100x, 200x, or a massive 1000x.
As we’ve already mentioned, a lot of slot games offer players the chance to win more than one jackpot. Usually, there’ll be a range of different jackpot sizes, including small, medium, and large. This way, more players have a chance to get their hands on a prize. You might prefer to win the biggest jackpot for obvious reasons, but winning a small jackpot is still a great feeling.
In most games with multiple jackpots, the chance of winning a jackpot is completely random and can be triggered at any time. Usually, if you win the jackpot, you’ll first have to spin a wheel or enter a bonus spin which will determine which of the jackpots you win.
Some games do make it possible to increase your chances of winning the bigger jackpot if your stake is higher. As always, make sure to read the full details of any game before you play to increase your chances. You may also want to try out the free demo before you begin, just to get a feel of the game.
Why play jackpot slots?
The biggest incentive for playing jackpot slots is, of course, the jackpot itself. Big prizes are always the most exciting, and even if there’s a smaller chance to win, the anticipation of that huge jackpot makes the games so much more thrilling. Here are a few other reasons to play jackpot slots:
- Larger cash prizes compared to regular slots
- Prize pools that grow rapidly
- Jackpot slots with multiple jackpots increase your odds of landing a win
- These slots are usually extremely straightforward to play
- Progressive slots are always available to play online
- The best jackpot slots are always mobile-optimized, meaning you can play anywhere
How do jackpot slots work?
As you know by now, jackpot slots give you the chance of winning big prizes. Theses are the biggest paying game at any online casino, but how exactly do they work and is there a way to increase your odds?
Jackpot slots are pretty much always like regular slots. These are games that are completely based on luck. A random number generator determines each spin of the reels. This RNG means that each spin is fair, and that wins aren’t predetermined. It also means that there isn’t really any way to increase your odds of landing a win.
Generally, the jackpot will be unlocked at any time in the main game. Depending on the game itself, to collect the jackpot, you may have to play a bonus game or spin a wheel which determines the exact jackpot you receive.
How can I win a jackpot?
While jackpot slots are based on RNG, some games do give you a higher chance of winning a larger jackpot if you play with higher stakes. Mega Moolah is an example of a jackpot slot that offers bigger jackpot rewards for players who play with bigger bets. However, not all games have this feature, and even if they do, it’s still possible to win the top prize with a small stake. The biggest online jackpot win was made from a simple $0.80 bet.
Because it’s a luck-based game, there isn’t really an exact formula for winning a jackpot. It ultimately comes down to budgeting, persistence, timing, and a lot of good luck. The best advice we can give on winning a jackpot is to make sure you budget properly and keep an eye on how much you’re spending. Set some cash aside for your spins and don’t go over your budget each month.
What are the chances of winning a jackpot?
This ultimately comes down to which game you’re playing. Most jackpot slots have odds similar to winning the national lottery. You can check out the game’s return to player (RTP) percentage and also the volatility to have an understanding of how often the game pays out.
Another thing to look at is the average length of time it takes for the jackpot to be hit and the average size of the prize. By looking at these, you can time when you start to play, making sure to only start playing once the jackpot has already accumulated a sizeable fortune. This way, you will have spent less cash on the game and will hopefully be playing when it comes to the average payout time.
You should also consider playing games with smaller jackpots. These games might be less appealing than the multimillion-dollar prizes, but six-figure jackpots are still very appealing, and you’ll have a higher chance of winning.
What are jackpot trackers?
Jackpot trackers are a type of tool which can be used to monitor the situation of multiple jackpot slots. Keeping tabs on different jackpot games is a great way of seeing the best point of entry, and you’ll be able to judge each game in real-time.
By using a jackpot tracker, you’ll be able to look at average jackpot drop times, sizes and look for patterns in the data. Jackpot trackers can be extremely useful, but it is important to remember that all jackpot games are random. These games are based completely on chance, so any patterns you see won’t be permanent.
What happens when you win a jackpot?
Your luck has finally come in, and you’ve just hit the massive seven-figure jackpot you’ve been dreaming about. But what do you have to do if you finally hit that life-changing prize?
There will be a few steps involved that you’ll need to go through to claim your win. First, though, it’s important that you remain calm and take a moment to process it. It’s normal to go into a mild state of shock after a big win like this. Many winners even report feeling light-headed or dizzy after such a win.
Once you’ve composed yourself, it’s time to claim your prize. Before you start making plans of all the ways you’re going to spend the cash, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Verifying Your Win – Every casino has various procedures to verify the win and make sure that there wasn’t a game malfunction. The casino will always carefully check the records of your winning game to make sure there was no abuse or cheating involved.The site will also check through your profile and make sure you are a verified and real user and that you haven’t broken any terms and conditions. These checks show you how important it is to make sure your account is verified and that all of your details are correct. You’d hate to miss out on a huge prize just because you messed up your original application! Once all the necessary checks are complete, you’ll receive a phone call from the casino on your registered phone number for them to congratulate you on your win. They may also request to interview you to post news of your win on their site. You’re always well within your rights to remain anonymous.
- Collecting the Cash – The payout itself will depend on the specific rules of the casino and which game you were playing. Some games like Microgaming’s Mega Moolah tend to pay out very quickly, usually within a week or so. Remember that when dealing with large jackpots like these, the money can take some time to move so be patient. Some casinos impose fairly strict monthly withdrawal limits which could mean you’re waiting months or even more than a year to withdraw a big win. You may be able to request a larger withdrawal limit at some sites, however. If it was a particularly big win or if you’ve been a member at the casino for a while, it never hurts to ask if there’s a way for the site to accommodate you.
Jackpot slots winners
The biggest online jackpot slot win in history was a massive $19 million payout from Mega Moolah. The amount was won in 2018 at a European online casino and was won from a stake of around $0.80. The lucky winner got his money in one lump sum. Microgaming’s jackpot games have paid out more than $1 billion in their history.
Which game developers have the best jackpot Slots?
There are lots of different casino developers out there, many of which produce jackpot slots. To make it easier for you to find the best games, we’ve put together this list of some of the best casino developers. These companies all produce jackpot slots of the highest quality and are regarded by many in the industry as being the best casino game developers.
Microgaming is one of the oldest casino software developers in the business and has an extensive collection of brilliant games. The company is perhaps best known for the classic Mega Moolah slot which holds the world record for the biggest ever online slot jackpot. Here are some of the best jackpot slots from Microgaming:
Mega Moolah – Probably the biggest and most famous jackpot game of all time. Mega Moolah has paid out over $1 billion since its inception. This is still a fantastic game to play today, even if some of the base gameplay is outdated compared to newer jackpot slots.
- Absolootly Mad Mega Moolah – A new iteration of the classic progressive jackpot game. Absolootly Mad is a great looking game based on the tale of Alice in Wonderland. As with other Mega Moolah games, four progressive jackpots are on offer which can be won by spinning a bonus wheel.
- Mega Moolah Isis – Going from the savannahs of South Africa to Ancient Egypt, Mega Moolah Isis features similar gameplay and jackpots but with some added bonus features.
- Major Millions – This old-school military-themed slot has a jackpot that starts off at an impressive quarter of a million dollars. Over time this increases, and eventual winners can win millions just from a single spin.
Inspired by the tree of life from Norse mythology, Yggdrasil brings life to the casino game industry, much like their namesake. The company has built up a solid reputation for producing quality slot titles and optimizing games for mobile play. Here are a few of the best jackpot slots created by Yggdrasil:
- Joker Millions – A classic fruit machine slot with a twist. Joker Millions has a progressive jackpot which pays out more than $3 million every twenty weeks on average.
- Jackpot Raiders – An Indiana Jones-themed slot, this game is packed with adventure and surprises. Players can get their hands on five different progressive jackpots which get bigger over time.
- Ozwin’s Jackpots – Ozwin’s Jackpots is a fantasy-themed slot that will have players chasing those magical jackpots. Jackpots are local to the specific casino so may be smaller than some progressive jackpots but easier to win.
- Empire Fortune – Empire fortune has three progressive jackpots on offer. The jackpots pay out an average of around $3 million and land every three months or so.
NetEnt is one of the best developers when it comes to producing great looking games. However, it’s not all about looks, its slots are also fantastic fun to play, and its jackpot slots are no exception. If you’re looking for some of the best NetEnt jackpot slots to try out, you can’t go wrong with these:
- Mega Fortune – One of the most popular progressive slots in the world and second only to Mega Moolah in terms of the biggest ever jackpot win. This slot is all about ostentatious wealth, and you can win it all with the three jackpots on offer.
- Hall of Gods – This Norse mythology-themed slot will have you praising the gods if you happen to win one of the big progressive jackpots on offer.
- Super Lucky Frog – Super Lucky Frog is a fun and cartoonish game that has plenty of cute characters and charming designs. There are also three progressive jackpots available, one small, one medium, and one big.
- Imperial Riches – This Oriental-themed slot combines graphics, music, and sound to give you a relaxing slot experience. There are five different progressive jackpots available for you to win which can be collected in the bonus jackpot game.
Playtech is the world’s biggest casino software developer and has produced games for hundreds of online casinos around the world. Whether you’re interested in slots or table games, Playtech has it all. When it comes to jackpot slots, the studio has produced a good collection too. Here are some of the top jackpot slots from Playtech:
- Gladiator – The Gladiator slot is based on the blockbuster film of the same name. The game features footage from the movie and lets players win a progressive jackpot by guessing correctly in the jackpot bonus round.
- Age of Gods – Age of Gods is part of the Playtech progressive jackpot network, meaning that prizes can be won from any of the participating casinos. The game is based on Ancient Greek mythology and has four different progressive jackpots.
- Cinerama – This is a pretty simple slot game which has just five pay lines, but players can also get their hands on an impressive jackpot. Jackpots here tend to be smaller than in some other games but can still reach six figures.
- Beach Life – Beach Life is a fun and colorful slot that will have you reminiscing about your last holiday in the sun. The game is packed with features and also has a rapidly growing progressive jackpot. The biggest ever win from Beach Life was more than $5 million.
Pragmatic Play has a great range of different slots that can be enjoyed on mobiles, tablets, and PCs. The company is always innovating and coming up with new ways to deliver exciting jackpots to players. These are some of our favorite Pragmatic Play jackpot slots:
- Great Rhino – Great Rhino is a game that takes players to the exotic African savannah. Here there aren’t any progressive jackpots, but players will find two different fixed jackpots on offer.
- Wolf Gold – Taking place on the North American plains, Wolf Gold has a great appeal to players all over the world. The game has several fixed jackpots that can be won as well as instant money collect feature.
- Fire 88 – Fire 88 is a simple three-reel slot that has an Asian theme. The game is centered around the lucky number 88 and players can win several fixed jackpots, the biggest of which is worth 888x your stake.
- Chilli Heat – This Mexican mariachi-themed slot is very colorful and a lot of fun to play. The money respins mode can potentially trigger one of three possible jackpots which are based on your stake.
Jackpot slot strategies
While there’s no exact formula for helping you win a jackpot, there are certain strategies you can use to increase your chances of success. Not only can you improve your odds by using a strategy, but you can also have an all-around better jackpot slot experience. Here are a few tips for you:
- Set up a budget – Before you begin playing any casino game, it’s important to decide on a budget and stick to it. This budget is how much you’re willing to spend on jackpot slots each month, and you should be careful not to go over it. Only ever set a budget of cash that you’re willing to lose.
- Set a loss limit – As well as establishing your budget, it’s important to set up daily and weekly loss limits. Each time you reach these limits, you should stop playing to minimize the chance of chasing your losses and letting the get out of control.
- Test the games out – Almost every online slot has a free demo for you to play. These demos allow you to play the game for free, without risking any of your own cash. This is a great way to get to grips with a game and learn the different features and bonuses on offer.
- Choose your slot carefully – Not all games are the same, and some have much more attainable jackpots than others. Look at the RTP of each game before you play and whether it has a network or local jackpot. Remember that network jackpots have bigger prizes but are harder to win.
- Use a jackpot tracker – Trackers can be used to see the average payout rate and time of every jackpot slot. It can sometimes be helpful to use jackpot trackers to keep an eye on how much money each jackpot has and determine the best time to start playing.
- Use bonuses wisely – Remember that almost every online casino offers a new player bonus, and these can allow you to play your favorite jackpot slots with minimal risk. Take a look at our best casino bonus page to find, no deposit, matched deposit, and free spin bonuses.